Sunday, May 19, 2013

Piece 2 Draft 2: in process in complete


I am very happy with this draft.  Not necessarily because it’s any better or worse than my first draft (I do think it’s better), but because it’s simply done.  I don’t know why I had such a terrible time writing this particular draft of this particular piece but I was very stumped for a very long time.  Feels great to have something on the page. 
With this revision I was trying to focus my piece as a story about someone who is truly home.  I realize that this is largely still a summary of Jerry’s life but I really tried to add more of a narrative element.  I’m not saying it is anywhere near polished but I am happy with it.  I intend to work with my small group and Marin on finding a way to make it be less of a summary of his life and more of an interesting piece.  This is all I can think to write not but I will add more later.  Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment